Steps in sanitizing your kitchen sink
The kitchen is one of the most utilised rooms in the house. For an entire day, a common sink handles messy dishes, leftovers, and standing rinsing water. These everyday chores cause waste to accumulate inside and on the sink leading to stains and odour, making it a community for germs.
In order to get rid of these problems and avoid the danger they pose to you and to your family, learning how to properly clean a kitchen sink well will resolve the dirty issue.
- Get rid of all dirty dishes and food leftover from your sink first before you start scrubbing your sink.
- Wash down the sink’s whole surface with the use of soft cloth, gentle soap and warm water to sanitize the taps, the drain as well as the outer rim. Do this cleaning every after use of the sink.
- Pour boiling hot plain water into the drain to help eliminate any foul odours and soften hard and sticky materials that are clogged in the drain. Make sure to wash down the whole sink with this process. Do the same process a number of times every week.
- Pour 1 tsp. of baking soda and a quarter cup of lemon juice over the sink’s surface and down the drain weekly. Allow the mixture to stand for about 10 minutes and use hot water to rinse away the remaining residue.
- Mix together a half cup of baking soda, a quarter cup of lemon juice, and directly pour the solution into the sink drain. When the mixture is in the drain, pour down a half cup of white vinegar. Use the mixture of these ingredients every week to loosen and remove clogs and clean the drain. You can find these ingredients in most supermarkets.